Support and Operations Engineer
The position is based in Singapore.
The candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to Broadpeak customers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex system problems involving Broadpeak and associated equipment.
The candidate will also participate in after-sales systems installation & integrations (commissioning, acceptance, and training) in customer premises and demonstrations of Broadpeak systems to prospective customers and partners.
The role requires close liaison with external customers and with specialists in the Broadpeak internal Engineering, Operations & Sales departments. The candidate needs to be sufficiently mobile to be able to support activities within Asia with assignments potentially lasting one or two weeks.
- Provide first and second level support to customers. Be the primary contact for Broadpeak customers and for Broadpeak Support for escalation of support issues and follow through to resolution
- Ensure the compliance to the SLA contractual commitments towards our customers in terms of response time, service continuity and final resolution delay
- Perform regular preventive maintenance tasks to maximize our customer’s Quality of Service, and pro-actively propose improvement solutions
- Report and track design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design/software engineering
- In coordination with Sales and Professional Services, manage all aspects of on-site installation, commissioning and training services for new customers through customer acceptance
- Prepare and deliver detailed product demonstrations to prospect customers and partners for various market segments
- Support Sales activities on a technical level at exhibitions and conferences. This includes assisting with planning and the setup and presenting of demonstrations
- Based in Singapore
- Be prepared to undertake both desk-based and practical hands-on work assignments
- Be willing to travel primarily within Asia as required
- Be willing to perform out-of-business hours “on call” tasks