Senior System Engineer – Singapour
référence : Y113
The Position is based in Singapour
About Broadpeak :
Broadpeak designs and manufactures video delivery components for Content Providers and Network Service Providers deploying IPTV, Cable, Satellite, OTT and mobile services.
Its portfolio of solutions and technologies powers the delivery of movies, television programming and other content over managed networks and the internet for viewing on any type of device. The company’s systems and services help operators increase market share and improve subscriber loyalty with superior quality of experience.
Broadpeak capitalizes on its core delivery software and a team of broadband and digital broadcast experts to develop products that help Network Service Providers worldwide take a growing share of the video entertainment market by creating a strong subscriber loyalty.
Broadpeak supports all of its customers, from simple installations to large delivery systems reaching capacities of several simultaneous million streams.
Broadpeak is headquartered in Cesson Sevigne/France with regional offices in the USA, Singapore, Dubai and Brazil.
The candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to Broadpeak customers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex system problems involving Broadpeak and associated equipment.
The candidate will also participate in post-sales delivery services: installation & integration (commissioning, acceptance, and training) on Customer’s platforms and demonstrations of Broadpeak systems to prospective clients and partners.
The role requires close liaison with external customers and with specialists in the Broadpeak internal Engineering, Operations & Sales departments. The candidate needs to be sufficiently mobile to be able to support activities within Asia with assignments potentially lasting one or two weeks.
Main Responsibilities :
- Provide first and second level support to customers. Be the primary contact for Broadpeak customers and for Broadpeak Support for escalation of support issues and follow through to resolution.
- Ensure the compliance to the SLA contractual commitments towards our customers in terms of response time, service continuity and final resolution delay.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance tasks to maximize our customer’s Quality of Service, and pro-actively propose improvement solutions.
- Report and track design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design/software engineering.
- In coordination with Delivery services team, to manage all aspects of on-site installation, commissioning and training services for new customers.
- Support Sales activities on a technical level at exhibitions and conferences. This includes assisting with planning and the setup and presenting of demonstrations.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- University degree in computer science, electronic engineering, or telecommunications related field.Minimum 2 years of direct experience in a technical support organization in a broadcast, communication, satellite, cable, telco or a similar networking environment.Significant expertise in the following areas is desirable:
- Good hands-on experience on Linux operating system
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- IP network switching and routing protocols
- Internet protocols such as FTP, HTTP, RTSP, TCP, and SSH
- XML, HTML
- Content Delivery Networks
- Streaming video technologies
- IPTV, Cable TV & OTT TV system architectures
- Virtualization experience with VMware, AWS or Azure.
Good writing ability and presentation skills.
Fluency in oral and written English . Any additionsl Asian language would be a plus.
- Based in Singapour
- Be prepared to undertake both desk-based and practical hands-on work assignments.
- Be willing to travel primarily within Asia as required.
- Be willing to perform out-of-business hours “on call” tasks.
And it’s not all about work! From poker games to barbecue parties, and outdoor running sessions – you won’t regret joining the multicultural team and will for sure enjoy the friendly atmosphere!
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION