Support and Operations Engineer H/F
Références : Y50 – Y 51 – Y59
Full time – Mexico
Broadpeak designs and manufactures video delivery components for Content Providers and Network Service Providers deploying IPTV, Cable, Satellite, OTT and mobile services.
Its portfolio of solutions and technologies powers the delivery of movies, television programming and other content over managed networks and the internet for viewing on any type of device. The company’s systems and services help operators increase market share and improve subscriber loyalty with superior quality of experience. Broadpeak supports all of its customers worldwide, from simple installations to large delivery systems reaching capacities of several million of simultaneous streams.
Our solutions, the company results and our way of working reflect well our core values: We innovate, We perform, We care, We are transparent, We are easy to work with!
Broadpeak is headquartered in Cesson Sevigne/Rennes, France
About the position
The candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to Broadpeak customers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex system problems involving Broadpeak and associated equipment.
The candidate will also participate in after-sales systems installation & integrations (commissioning, acceptance, and training) in customer premises and demonstrations of Broadpeak systems to prospective customers and partners.
The role requires close liaison with external customers and with specialists in the Broadpeak internal Engineering, Operations & Sales departments.
- Provide first and second level support to customers.
- Be the primary contact for Broadpeak customers and for Broadpeak Support for escalation of support issues and follow through to resolution.
- Ensure the compliance to the SLA contractual commitments towards our customers in terms of response time, service continuity and final resolution delay.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance tasks to maximize our customer’s Quality of Service, and pro-actively propose improvement solutions.
- Report and track design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design/software engineering.
- Upon request, manage on-site installation, commissioning and training services for new customer
- University degree in computer science, electronic engineering or telecommunications related field.
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience in a technical support organization in a broadcast, communication, satellite, cable, telco or a similar networking environment.
Significant expertise in the following areas is desirable :
- Linux and Windows servers systems
- System and storage architecture
- IP network (including protocols, security and analysis tools)
Following knowledge will be also appreciated:
- Streaming video technologies and ecosystem
- Script development (Bash, python, perl…)
- Shared storage system
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player
- High sense of customer care
- Technical perseverance
- Able to operate with minimal supervision and wide latitude for independent action