EMEA System and Devops Engineer
Ref: 113 &164
Full time –Europe
Broadpeak designs and manufactures video delivery components for Content Providers and Network Service Providers deploying IPTV, Cable, Satellite, OTT and mobile services.
Its portfolio of solutions and technologies powers the delivery of movies, television programming and other content over managed networks and the internet for viewing on any type of device. The company’s systems and services help operators increase market share and improve subscriber loyalty with superior quality of experience. Broadpeak supports all of its customers worldwide, from simple installations to large delivery systems reaching capacities of several million of simultaneous streams.
Our solutions, the company results and our way of working reflect well our core values: We innovate, We perform, We care, We are transparent, We are easy to work with!
Broadpeak is headquartered in Cesson Sevigne/Rennes, France
About the position
Working within the Operations department, the candidate will be responsible for OTT TV projects deployments, from system design to commissioning.
The role requires close liaison with external customers and with specialists in the Broadpeak internal Program Management, Sales and R&D departments.
You will integrate a team of 22 people.
The candidate will be in charge of for project deployments and technical support activities in Europe and for American customers.
The Candidate will hae to travel within Europe and to the United States every two months.
- Define the detailed design and system architecture
- Generate and maintain the technical documentation related to the projects
- Deploy and configure our software applications
- Interface with the technical teams of the Customer to successfully rollout the project
- Perform on-site system tests and acceptance
- Prepare and deliver technical Trainings on our products
- Support the commissioning of the System
- Manage the transition towards our technical Support team.
Knowledge and Skills requirements
University degree in computer science, electronic engineering or telecommunications related field
Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position including direct customer contacts.
Advanced technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Linux systems
- Server and storage architecture
- Networking and security
- Scripting (Python, Ansible…) or Dev languages
- Experience in deploying and maintaining systems running on AWS cloud solutions
Technical background in the following areas is desirable:
- Content Delivery Networks
- Video streaming technologies
- OTT TV system architectures
- Cloud infrastructures
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregations tools (e.g. Datadog, Elastic Search, Grafana, ELK)
- Knowledge in distributed systems and redundancy, high-availability and performance optimization
- Experience in Continuous Deployment environments and DevOps practices
- Positive and enthusiastic team player
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Methodical and perseverant
- Fluent oral & written English
- Willing to travel worldwide (average 1 week every 1.5 month)
Broadpeak is committed to the well-being of its employees. The company has put in place several actions that you will benefit from:
- Home Office
- “K3 sport” association (running, pilates, badminton, PPG, swimming, climbing, tennis)
- Modern offices with foosball, darts, showers and lockers, resting/breastfeeding room, etc.
- Fun and relaxation: board game evenings, afterworks, massages, etc.
- Deliveries of lunch baskets, fruit baskets on site
- Shared library
- Coffee and tea at will, very often accompanied by pastries, pancakes or m&ms and much more!
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION