Traffic Infrastructure Manager H/F
référence : 22_01_X_31
Plein temps (CDI) – Cesson-Sévigné, France
Broadpeak designs and manufactures video delivery components and services for Content Providers and Network Service Providers deploying IPTV, Cable, Satellite, OTT, and mobile services.
Its portfolio of solutions and technologies powers the delivery of movies, television programming and other content over managed networks and the internet for viewing on any type of device. The company’s systems and services help operators increase market share and improve subscriber loyalty with superior quality of experience.
Broadpeak capitalizes on its core delivery software and a team of broadband and digital broadcast experts to develop products that help Network Service Providers worldwide take a growing share of the video entertainment market by creating a strong subscriber loyalty.
Broadpeak supports all its customers, from simple installations to large delivery systems reaching capacities of several simultaneous million streams.
Broadpeak is headquartered in Cesson Sevigne/France with regional offices in the USA, Singapore, Dubai, Mexico, and Brazil.
Our team is taking care of any infrastructure built for the company platforms – infrastructure cover resources such as CPU, storage and I/O but also network and connectivity, over public/private cloud, and regular hosting facilities.
We need someone expert in SDN/BGP/DNS and other Internet routing protocols, able to design the network architecture but also configure switches and routers to announce/route the Broadpeak AS over Internet. Our Traffic Infrastructure Engineer will be the lead for the design of our network infrastructure, establishing his budget based on SW and HW needs, and will negotiate the connectivity with Transit/Peering players.
The role requires close liaison with the Platform architects, the Product owners, and the rest of the Devops chain (Techops, Developers, QA testers, Customer Success…) in order to respond to the need of resources needed for each project. Communication and willingness to be transparent will be key for the success of this mission.
Come join an outstanding team of less than 10 people, ultra-focused, that is committed to judging by quality and primarily customer focus. We are proud to promote open communication with a flat structure. You are welcome to join our team and have your voice heard. Team-based decision making is important for our group, every opinion counts and matters! We are looking to innovate and disrupt the streaming industry – come play with us on the latest technologies offered by the cloud!
- Be part of the Cloud Platform team
- 2 main responsibilities:
- Design/Implement new automation tools for external DNS, content delivery network to simplify, visualize and audit edge level changes
- Create the AS of Broadpeak, get IP public addresses and take ownership of the overall Broadpeak network, for today and future needs (based on SDN to have the best structure cost possible)
- Work on consistently improving monitoring for content delivery
- Write clean, high-performance, and well tested, infrastructure code with a focus on reusability
- Path finding missions; evaluate and implement new technologies to optimize content delivery and performance of the platform (QUIC, HTTP2/3, HTTP2 Server push, TLS 1.3 Zero RTT, TCP BRR, etc)
- Architect for smooth traffic shifts and balancing for costs between different DNS/CDN vendors
- You will also be our architect for some VSX Virtual network Infrastructure sold to some of our customers
- Take the lead on the discussion with DC and connectivity vendors
- Configure any HW/SW needed to operate and run the Broadpeak AS
- Work on the Broadpeak transit/peering strategy with partners and vendors
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
Knowledge and Skill requirements
- University degree in computer science, electronic engineering or telecommunications related field.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and progressive experience of Internet networking, ideally with a CI/CD approach.
- Significant expertise in the following areas is a must have:
- SDN (in particular with VmWAre)
- Routing Inter/Intra AS
- eBGP / iBGP / Anycast
- CNI management over Kubernetes
- Being familiar with the following keywords will be a plus: HLS, DASH, transcoding, packaging.
- Happy to start from a blank page and write a new story.
- Look to always optimize and happy to use technology to optimize tasks.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player.
- Self-starter and willing to learn.
- Like the Try and Learn approach.
The + of the position
Broadpeak is committed to the well-being of its employees. The company has put in place several actions that you will benefit from:
- Restaurant tickets
- Possibility of telecommuting
- “K3 sport” association (running, pilates, badminton, PPG, swimming, climbing, tennis)
- Modern offices with foosball, darts, showers and lockers, resting/breastfeeding room, etc.
- Fun and relaxation: board game evenings, afterworks, massages, etc.
- Deliveries of lunch baskets, vegetable baskets on site
- Shared library
- Coffee and tea at will, very often accompanied by pastries, pancakes or m&ms
- and much more!