A very successful IBC 2019 for Broadpeak!
September 27, 2019
IBC is behind us, but being one of the most important events of the year for our industry, we couldn’t close this page without looking back at the 2019 edition and Broadpeak’s 10th participation at the show!
- Several months of preparations with weekly internal meetings
- 5 days of discussion, meetings, demos and fun
- 600+ meetings
- 40 attendees from Broadpeak’s team
We were all exhausted when the RAI’s doors closed but also thrilled by all the interesting conversations about the future of television, the new projects to come, and the bunch of new ideas to better serve our customers!
Thank you all for visiting our stand at IBC 2019 and, for those who missed us, see below a short recap of what happened in Amsterdam for Broadpeak!
A trade show wouldn’t be a trade show without demos! This year we showcased a lot of our technologies to improve video delivery. They included several never-seen-before demos such as:
- 4K HDR Live Streaming with Dolby® Vision on an Apple TV
- BkYou, Broadpeak’s ad insertion solution with anti ad skipping
- Broadpeak and Technicolor’s Android TV Input Framework
- 5G video delivery strategies to optimize, grow and disrupt
- CDN Diversity and video delivery analytics for content providers.
In our whisper room, we were also able to show to some of our visitors the advanced topics we are working on, to improve further video delivery and QoE. The enthusiastic feedback we received guarantees that 2020 will see these brand new evolutions implemented in our products, for the benefit of our customers.
Lots of meetings, conversations happened during the 5 days in Amsterdam and it was a very valuable time spent with our partners and customers!
IBC was a great opportunity to announce the successful launch of several projects including:
- Orange Poland’s new NPVR service in partnership with Viacess Orca. Read more here.
- The launch of DISH TV India’s OTT service, called Watcho. Read the press release here.
- The deployment of TV everywhere services for Sri Lanka Telecom’s customers with Beenius, Verimatrix and Millenium I.T.E.S.P. Details are here.
- The launch of new TV services by Wind Hellas with Zappware. Read the full story here.
We also took advantage of the trade show to share our most recent studies and white papers. They are still available for free download.
- Video Recording in the Cloud: Use Cases and Implementation – download it here.
- Practical Steps to Migrate TV Broadcast to Modern Streaming – in partnership with Verimatrix – download it here.
- Leveraging OTT video streaming technologies – in partnership with Technicolor – download it here.
Broadpeak’s team was also very active for sharing our knowledge, vision and insights on various topics.
Jacques Le Mancq, our CEO, explained why Eutelsat was chosen as an investor for Broadpeak last summer. Watch the video here.
Yann Begassat, our 5G expert, discussed what broadcast in light of 5G will look like during Newtec’s sessions.
Hervé Creff, Business Development Director, debated about the future of compression and distribution techniques during a panel discussion organized by the iabm.
Damien Sterkers, Product Manager for nanoCDN multicastABR, explained why we see satellite as a key enabler for OTT and all IP during Newtec’s sessions.
And we answered many questions from editors and journalists about the future of video delivery, low latency, 5G, satellite, ad insertion, and more!
A big thanks to all our partners who showcased demos with Broadpeak technologies: Ateme, BBright, Castlabs, DVB, Technicolor, Visualon. We are proud to work with them to offer best-of-breed solutions to support our customers on topics ranging from androidTV adoption to low latency and standardization of multicastABR.
We hope you enjoyed IBC as much as we did!
We are already looking forward to seeing you next year… if not before!