Business Development Director
Full time, based in Rennes or Remotely in Europe.
About Broadpeak :
Broadpeak designs and manufactures video delivery components for Content Providers and Network Service Providers deploying IPTV, Cable, Satellite, OTT and mobile services.
Its portfolio of solutions and technologies powers the delivery of movies, television programming and other content over managed networks and the internet for viewing on any type of device. The company’s systems and services help operators increase market share and improve subscriber loyalty with superior quality of experience. Broadpeak supports all of its customers worldwide, from simple installations to large delivery systems reaching capacities of several million of simultaneous streams.
Our solutions, the company results and our way of working reflect well our core values: We innovate, We perform, We care, We are transparent, We are easy to work with!
Broadpeak is headquartered in Cesson Sevigne/Rennes, France
About the position:
In the rapidly changing world of video, we are searching for a talented individual to join our Business Development team to help shape and evangelise the future of video delivery.
At Broadpeak, the Business Development function helps the company grow through a range of activities:
Internally: The Business Development Director works closely with the management, Sales, Product/Marketing to:
- Kickstart and lead initiatives around innovations and ecosystems
- Share market knowledge and competitive insights
- Acts as a catalyst for change in the organisation for future growth
Externally: Using his/her industry knowledge, the Business Development Director represents the company and further its position in the video landscape:
- Establish mid- and long-term relationships with key customers and partners.
- Position the product offering and articulate the vision to partners, customers, press, analysts.
- Contribute with creation of solution decks, business cases, interviews, articles, and public speaking.
While this is not a Sales/hunting role, a network of senior contacts in the industry certainly facilitates the mission of the Business Development Director.
“Be the face of the company”:
- Educate customers and partners on Broadpeak’s proposition, including CDN, mABR, cDVR and Advertising platforms.
- Develop global partnerships in-line with the organization strategy and drive its execution.
- Establish and maintain senior relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Evangelise through various channels:
- Company representation at conferences and industry/standardisation forums
- Public speaking (in person or on-line)
- Writing articles, blogs for public consumption
- Executive briefings (influence executives)
- Refine the company vision and deliver thought-leadership presentations
- Identify market dynamics and opportunities, to help create market-leading solutions.
- Investigate market and competition to maintain competitive analysis.
- Participate in internal projects that help scale the business, document, and implement best practices.
Position ideally based in Rennes in France or from Home Office (France and EU/UK)
- You have a rare combination of technical savviness and business acumen and you’re looking for a role where you can utilise both in an exciting role focus on the future.
- +10 years of experience with Operator / Service provider / Content Provider or Internet Video products/services supplier, including:
- Minimum 5 years of experience including technical experience like Product Management, or Pre-sales.
- Passion for innovations, new products, and growth opportunities.
- Senior level business relationships with tier 1 network service providers (cable, telcos, mobile), OTT providers and content providers.
- Excellent communication skills: Able to communicate clearly and effectively to both business and technical audiences. Ability to quickly build new relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Travels to meet customers, when/where needed
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential. Another language would be a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to organise and lead conversations.
- Strong inter-cultural skills and empathy.
- Cross-department communication interfacing internally with Sales, Pre-Sales and Product to reach successful outcomes.
- Ability to quickly build new relationships.
- University Degree in Business or Engineering
- And it’s not all about work!From poker games to barbecue parties, and outdoor running sessions – you won’t regret joining the multicultural team and will for sure enjoy the friendly atmosphere!
APPLY TO THIS POSITION!