Customer Service Engineer
Référence : Y135
Full time – USA/CANADA
Broadpeak designs and manufactures video delivery components and services for Content Providers and Network Service Providers deploying IPTV, Cable, Satellite, OTT, and mobile services.
Its portfolio of solutions and technologies powers the delivery of movies, television programming and other content over managed networks and the internet for viewing on any type of device. The company’s systems and services help operators increase market share and improve subscriber loyalty with superior quality of experience.
Broadpeak capitalizes on its core delivery software and a team of broadband and digital broadcast experts to develop products that help Network Service Providers worldwide take a growing share of the video entertainment market by creating a strong subscriber loyalty.
Broadpeak supports all its customers, from simple installations to large delivery systems reaching capacities of several simultaneous million streams.
Broadpeak is headquartered in Cesson Sevigne/France with regional offices in the USA, Singapore, Dubai, Mexico, and Brazil.
About The Position
You will be integrated to a Team of 7 people
- Provide first and second level support to customers.
- Be the primary contact for Broadpeak customers and for Broadpeak Support for escalation of support issues and follow through to resolution.
- Ensure the compliance to the SLA contractual commitments towards our customers in terms of response time, service continuity and final resolution delay.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance tasks to maximize our customer’s Quality of Service, and pro-actively propose improvement solutions.
- Report and track design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design/software engineering.
- Upon request, manage on-site installation, commissioning and training services for new customers
- University degree in computer science, electronic engineering or telecommunications related field.
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience in a technical support organization in a broadcast, communication, satellite, cable, telco or a similar networking environment.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
Significant expertise in the following areas is desirable:
- Linux and Windows servers systems
- System and storage architecture
- IP network (including protocols, security and analysis tools)
Following knowledge will be appreciated:
- Streaming video technologies and ecosystem
- Script development (Bash, python, perl…)
- Shared storage system
- Positive and enthusiastic team player
- High sense of customer care
- Technical perseverance
- Able to operate with minimal supervision and a wide latitude for independent action
- Based in USA or CANADA
- Be prepared to undertake both desk-based and out-of-business hours “on-call” tasks.
- Be willing to travel primarily within Americas as required.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION