Senior Customer Service Engineer
The Senior Customer Service Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support to EMEA customers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex system problems involving Broadpeak and associated equipment.
The role requires close liaison with external customers and with specialists within Broadpeak Engineering, Operations & Sales teams.
The position is based at Broadpeak’s headquarters, in Cesson-Sévigné, France.
- Provide first and second level support to EMEA customers. Be primary contact for customer and for Broadpeak Support for escalation of support issues and follow through to resolution
- Ensure the compliance to the SLA contractual commitments towards our customers in terms of response time, service continuity and final resolution delay
- Perform regular preventive maintenance tasks to maximize our customer’s Quality of Service and pro-actively propose improvement solutions
- Report and track design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design/software engineering
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- University degree in computer science, electronic engineering or telecommunications related field
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience in a technical support organization in a broadcast, communication, satellite, cable, telco or a similar networking environment
- Significant expertise in the following areas is desirable:
o Microsoft Windows & Linux system administration
o IP network switching and routing protocols
o Internet protocols such as FTP, HTTP, RTSP, TCP, and SSH
o XML, HTML
o Scripting languages
o Streaming video technologies
- Good writing ability and presentation skills
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential
- Positive and enthusiastic team player
- High sense of customer care
- Technical perseverance
- Able to operate with minimal supervision and a wide latitude for independent action