Service Reliability Engineers
réf 2203,X67 & 68
Full time -USA
Broadpeak designs and manufactures video delivery components and services for Content Providers and Network Service Providers deploying IPTV, Cable, Satellite, OTT and mobile services.
Its portfolio of solutions and technologies powers the delivery of movies, television programming and other content over managed networks and the internet for viewing on any type of device. The company’s systems and services help operators increase market share and improve subscriber loyalty with superior quality of experience.
Broadpeak capitalizes on its core delivery software and a team of broadband and digital broadcast experts to develop products that help Network Service Providers worldwide take a growing share of the video entertainment market by creating a strong subscriber loyalty.
Broadpeak supports all its customers, from simple installations to large delivery systems reaching capacities of several simultaneous million streams.
Broadpeak is headquartered in Cesson Sevigne/France with regional offices in the USA, Singapore, Dubai, Mexico, and Brazil.
Our solutions, the company results and our way of working reflect well our core values: We innovate, We perform, We care, We are transparent, We are easy to work with!
Broadpeak is headquartered in Cesson Sevigne/Rennes, France
Come join an outstanding team of less than 15 people, ultra-focused, that is committed to judging by quality and primarily customer focus! We are proud to promote open communication with a flat structure. You are welcome to join our team and have your voice heard. Team-based decision making is important for our group, every opinion counts and matters! We are looking to innovate and disrupt the streaming industry – come play with us on the latest technologies offered by the cloud!
About the Position
The Cloud Platform team takes care of the infrastructure used by the company’s platforms – infrastructure that encompasses resources such as network, compute, storage, automation and security, over public/private cloud, and regular hosting facilities.
Networking and storage are the core components of our infrastructure. As a Service Reliability Engineer, you will help build and operate the high traffic, networked storage platforms that power our global platforms. Our team works cross-functionally to ensure that platforms are reliable and easy to operate. We invest in tooling, automation, and infrastructure that reduces friction for engineers to deploy and manage our platforms. We’re looking for a Service Reliability Engineer who has a strong record of building tooling and operating platforms through both internal and external partnerships.
The role requires close liaison with the Platform architects, the Product Owners, and the rest of the Devops chain (Techops, Developers, QA testers, Customer Success…) to respond to the need of resources required for each project. Communication and willingness to be transparent will be key for the success of this mission.
Be part of the Cloud Platform team
o Architect the underlying network infrastructure for our global public/private cloud infrastructure
o Provide support to the operations team for configuration and troubleshooting
- Work on consistently improving monitoring
- Path finding missions; evaluate and implement new technologies to optimize content delivery and performance of the platform (QUIC, HTTP2/3, HTTP2 Server push, TLS 1.3 Zero RTT, TCP BRR, etc)
- Architect for smooth traffic shifts and balancing for costs between different DNS/CDN vendors
- Act as architect for some VSX Virtual network Infrastructure sold to some of our customers
- Take the lead on the discussion with DC and connectivity vendors
- Configure any HW/SW needed to operate and run the Broadpeak AS
- Work on the Broadpeak transit/peering strategy with partners and vendors
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Be included in a Devops approach
- An ideal candidate will have experience in architecting storage solutions integrated in WANs
Knowledge and Technical Requirements
University degree in computer science, electronic engineering or telecommunications related field.
Minimum of 5 years relevant and progressive experience of Internet networking, ideally with a CI/CD approach.
- Significant expertise in the following areas is a must have:
o SDN (in particular with VmWAre)
o Routing Inter/Intra AS
o eBGP / iBGP / Anycast
o CNI management over Kubernetes
- Being familiar with the following keywords will be a plus: HLS, DASH, transcoding, packaging.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills:
o CCNA, CCIE Data Center
o Linux systems knowledge including performance tools and tuning
o Storage solutions based on CEPH, netApp and Isilon
- Happy to start from a blank page and write a new story.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player.
- Self-starter and willing to learn.
- Like the Try and Learn approach.
- Excited to be hands-on during specific needed time
Broadpeak is committed to the well-being of its employees. The company has put in place several actions that you will benefit from:
- Health Care Benefits