Support and Operations Engineer
The position is based in Singapore.
The candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to Broadpeak customers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex system problems involving Broadpeak and associated equipment.
The candidate will also participate in after-sales systems installation & integrations (commissioning, acceptance, and training) in customer premises and demonstrations of Broadpeak systems to prospective customers and partners.
The role requires close liaison with external customers and with specialists in the Broadpeak internal Engineering, Operations & Sales departments. The candidate needs to be sufficiently mobile to be able to support activities within Asia with assignments potentially lasting one or two weeks.
- Provide first and second level support to customers.
- Be the primary contact for Broadpeak customers and for Broadpeak Support for escalation of support issues and follow through to resolution.
- Ensure the compliance to the SLA contractual commitments towards our customers in terms of response time, service continuity and final resolution delay.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance tasks to maximize our customer’s Quality of Service, and pro-actively propose improvement solutions.
- Report and track design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design/software engineering.
- Upon request, manage on-site installation, commissioning and training services for new customers
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
University degree in computer science, electronic engineering or telecommunications related field. Minimum 3 years of direct experience in a technical support organization in a broadcast, communication, satellite, cable, telco or a similar networking environment.
Significant expertise in the following areas is desirable:
- Linux and Windows servers systems
- System and storage architecture
- IP network (including protocols, security and analysis tools)
Following knowledge will be appreciated:
- Streaming video technologies and ecosystem
- Script development (Bash, python, perl…)
- Shared storage system
- Fluency in oral and written English. An Asian language would be a plus.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player
- High sense of customer care
- Technical perseverance
- Able to operate with minimal supervision and a wide latitude for independent action
- Based in Singapore
- Be prepared to undertake both desk-based and out-of-business hours “on-call” tasks.
- Be willing to travel primarily within Asia as required.